Year-Round Recipes for Slow Cookers & Crockpots - Alison & Simon Holst New cookbook
YEAR ROUND RECIPES FOR CROCKPOTS AND SLOW COOKERS
by SIMON and ALISON HOLST
To see other Slow Cooker recipe books click here
New large softcover book, delicious colour photos. Published 2009, 96 pages, measures 27 x 22 cm.
Year-round recipes for Crockpots & Slow Cookers includes everything from light and flavourful fish dishes for summer evenings to warming soups for chilly days. It features recipes for lamb, beef and pork casseroles to fill the house with inviting aromas, a glazed roast lamb shoulder that will melt in your mouth, popular picnic foods to enjoy in the sun, at a park or beach, an exciting selection of spicy and exotic curries as well as flavourful jam, chutney and even deliciously decadent ice-cream toppings and sauces. Enjoy not only dishes which simmer gently all day long, but others which you can prepare after lunch, eliminating late afternoon chaos and cleanups, and still more that you can put on to cook just before schools finish for the day, freeing you for time with your kids!
- Wonderfully warming soups for chilly days
- Fresh-tasting and flavourful fish dishes for summer evenings
- Unusual and interesting chicken dishes for dinner parties
- A great selection of satisfying sausage dishes
- Lamb, beef and pork casseroles to fill the house with inviting aromas
- One-pot mince dishes to please families all year round
- Melt-in-the-mouth glazed roast lamb shoulder with potatoes
- Popular picnic foods to enjoy in the sun, at a park or beach
- An exciting selection of spicy and exotic curries
- Mouth-watering pork recipes, from grandma's favourites to Asian treats
- Flavourful jam, chutney and even exotic quince pate
- Deliciously decadent Icecream toppings and sauces
- Yummy chocolate cakes and puddings for year-round treats
- Simplified sushi rice and home-made, vitamin-rich vegetable juice
- Trouble-free side dishes to free-up late afternoons when you have 101 other things to think about
- Before you start
- Chicken and Duck
- Beef and Venison
- Sides and Extras
- Desserts and Cakes
The book is a New Zealand publication. All measurements are in metric.
About the authors
Alison Holst has published more than 75 popular cookbooks which have sold over 3 million copies, and is well known for her TV appearances, newspaper columns, magazine articles, radio broadcasts and cooking demonstrations.
Alison lives with her husband in Wellington, where she works with her son Simon. She tries to balance the many hours spent in her kitchen and at her computer, by travelling throughout New Zealand, talking, teaching and cooking in public, swapping food ideas with other home cooks, and raising much needed funds for many organisations and charities, particularly those benefiting children. Her interests include family activities, especially with grandchildren, reading, walking, crafts, gardening, and overseas travel.
Having grown up in one of New Zealand's best known 'foodie' households, Simon Holst has a passion for food and cooking. He has co-authored 20 best selling books with his mother Alison, and recently completed his second 'solo' effort. In addition to books, Simon contributes to newspapers and magazines. He lives with his wife and their 2 young children.
To see other cookbooks by Simon and Alison Holst click here
Year-Round Recipes for Crockpots and Slow Cookers by Alison Holst and Simon Holst
Cookbooks Australia has a great range of new, used and out of print recipe books to suit all tastes and palates. Basic, how-to and general cookbooks, international cuisines, favourite chefs and cooks, cake decorating and cupcake recipe books, slow cooker, pressure cooker, quick and easy, comfort food, cookbooks especially for chldren, Australian Women's Weekly recipe books, vintage old favourites from the CWA, Green and Gold, Commonsense Cookery Books. If you are looking for a family favourite recipe or cookbook to give to your daughter, son or to replace your mother's or your own falling-apart copy, it might be here!
In stock-ready to post on Thursday