Wholefood for Children - Jude Blereau New recipe book Babies, Toddlers, Kids
WHOLEFOOD FOR CHILDREN
Nourishing young children with whole and organic foods
by JUDE BLEREAU
See other cookbooks click here
New large softcover book, 336 pages. Published 2010
The underlying philosophy behind Wholefood for Children is the importance of feeding young, growing children nutrient-dense, whole and real food, preferably organic. Not only does a child require fuel to live, they also require it to build every part of their body and future pathways, and to learn. Nature has designed an exceptionally nutrient-dense, human-compatible food in breast milk, and it's important to that we continue to feed our young truly good food to establish good lifelong eating patterns.
Wholefood for Children is written and presented in two parts, a very insightful and informative introduction and a recipe section, which will cater for ages 6 months to 7 years, starting with introducing solid foods to babies. The recipes range from breakfasts through to lunch and dinners, as well as ultra-convenient portable snacks for lunch boxes. This book will appeal to parents who are concerned about the growing awareness of childhood obesity and eating disorders. It is very timely and will also appeal to the budget-conscious as it's based on simple foods that can be purchased in bulk or grown at home. It is well-written and the wholefood philosophy is explained in a clear and easy-to-read style.
Wholefood for Children features :
- Nourishing the whole child - building your food culture, fuusy eaters, weight issues, birthday parties, the world outside the home
- Building blocks for body and soul - building the body, nurturing the soul, wholesome balanced eating
- The wholefood kitchen - daisy, eggs, red meat and poultry, fish, vegetables and fruit, nuts and seeds, legumes, soya beans and soy products, while grains, fats and oils, thickening agents, sea vegetables, salt, sweeteners
- Special diets - raising a vegetarian child, raising a dairy-free child, raising a wheat-free or gluten-free child
- Recipe foundations - cooking essentials, beans, lentils and peas, grains, stocks, lacto-fermentation, soaked & lightly roasted nuts and seeds, ghee
- First tastes, pure and simple - 6 - 8 months
- Exploring and learning - 8 - 12 months
- Developing complexity - 1 - 3 years
- Towards independence - 3 - 7 years
- Glossary, recommended reading, index
Wholefood for Children is an Australian publication. Measurements are in metric, imperial and cup & spoon
About the author
Jude Blereau is a natural foods chef, author, food coach, cooking teacher and real food activist who has been involved with the organic and wholefood industries for more than 20 years. In 1977 Jude co-founded The Earth Market, a much-loved whoefood store and cafe in Perth, Western Australia, and in 2001 she set up the Whole Food Cooking School. Her focus is on helping people learn about good food - what it truly is, where to get it, how to use it - and to give them the tools and information they need to make healthy eating a part of their everyday lives. Jude's latest book, Wholefood Baking, is also available - click here for more information
See books on parenting babies and toddlers click here
Wholefood for Children by Jude Blereau
Cookbooks Australia has a great range of new, used and out of print recipe books to suit all tastes and palates. Basic, how-to and general cookbooks, international cuisines, favourite chefs and cooks, cake decorating and cupcake recipe books, slow cooker, pressure cooker, quick and easy, comfort food, cookbooks especially for chldren, Australian Women's Weekly recipe books, vintage old favourites from the CWA, Green and Gold, Commonsense Cookery Books. If you are looking for a family favourite recipe or cookbook to give to your daughter, son or to replace your mother's or your own falling-apart copy, it might be here!
In stock-ready to post today.