Our Family Table - Julie Goodwin Australia's first Masterchef New cookbook April 2010
OUR FAMILY TABLE
by Australia's first MasterChef
with foreword by Margaret Fulton
MasterChef Australia The Cookbook Volume 1 is also available click here
New hardcover cookbook published April 2010, 244 pages, including a final blank chapter for you to write your own favourite recipes, plus a compartment at the back of the book to store recipes written on pieces of paper and cut from magazines or newspapers. Gorgeous colour photos throughout, and lovely comments and stories from Julie and the family and friends who shared their recipes.
The most highly anticipated cookbook of 2010, with a foreword by Australian National Treasure and culinary icon, Margaret Fulton.
Since taking out the coveted title of Australia's first MasterChef, Julie Goodwin has been cooking, testing and writing away like mad, preparing to publish Our Family Table, her first cookbook.
Julie says: 'In this book I'm not just presenting recipes but exploring the role of food in families and communities. I want to get people back into their kitchens and promote the joy of food and family. Our Family Table is full of lovely stories and recipes and feasts, with a strong focus on good old-fashioned tucker.'
Some recipes are heirlooms passed down in Julie’s family through generations, while others were given to her by friends and neighbours. There are lazy weekend breakfasts to enjoy with the family, weekday and special occasion dinners, barbecue and camp cooking, and cakes, biscuits and puddings galore. Julie also includes recipes she created on MasterChef - such as her now famous lemon diva cupcakes and her passionfruit ‘puddle’ pie.
The final section of the book is Julie's favourite, and mine too: a beautifully designed 'blank' chapter with pages for the reader’s own photos, clippings and hand-me-down handwritten recipes from family and friends.
- Author's note, Foreword by Margaret Fulton, Introduction
- Good morning - recipes include Corn fritters with bacon and tomato relish and Vegetarian frittata
- Feeding the multitudes - recipes include Ridiculously cheesy lasagne and Nanny Gina's meatballs
- A bit on the side - recipes include Couscous with orange and Not-very-authentic fried rice
- Special occasion dinners - recipes include Salmon fillet with rich lemon sauce and Slow-roasted pork belly with cider-braised cabbage
- Desserts - recipes include Passionfruit puddle pie and Ginger syrup sponge
- Sweet treats - recipes include Grandma's shortbread, Treacle scones and Julie's Lemon diva cupcakes
- Rainy day cooking - recipes include Red onion jam and Strawberry and palm sugar jam
- Wide open spaces - recipes include Thai pork salad and Damper on a stick
- Christmas feast - recipes include Grandma's Christmas cake and Christmas ice cream pudding
- Our family table - this chapter is blank for your own recipes, photos, drawings, memories and stories.
This book is an Australian publication. All measurements are in metric and cup and spoon measurements.
See other Masterchef Australia cookbooks click here
About the author
Julie Goodwin (born 1971) has become a household name since becoming Australia’s first MasterChef in 2009. Formerly an IT professional running a successful family business, she now writes a monthly column for the Australian Women's Weekly, appears in a weekly cooking segment on the Today program. and has plans to open a restaurant. Julie lives with her husband Michael and her three children on the Central Coast of New South Wales.
Julie's second cookbook, Heart of the Home, has just been published and is also available - click here for more information
See other cookbooks by Celebrity Chefs and Favourite Cooks click here
Our Family Table by Julie Goodwin, Australia's first Masterchef
Cookbooks Australia has a great range of new, used and out of print recipe books to suit all tastes and palates. Basic, how-to and general cookbooks, international cuisines, favourite chefs and cooks, cake decorating and cupcake recipe books, slow cooker, pressure cooker, quick and easy, comfort food, cookbooks especially for chldren, Australian Women's Weekly recipe books, vintage old favourites from the CWA, Green and Gold, Commonsense Cookery Books. If you are looking for a family favourite recipe or cookbook to give to your daughter, son or to replace your mother's or your own falling-apart copy, it might be here!
In stock-ready to post on Monday