I'm Hungry, Let's Grow It! - Joanne Newell New softcover kids gardening cookbook
I'M HUNGRY, LET'S GROW IT!
by JOANNE NEWELL
To see other Children's Cookbooks click here
New softcover book, measures 15 x 23cm, 138 pages. Published 2010
There is nothing better than kids out in the garden digging in the dirt. And if they are helping to make food for the family - all the better! Whether you live in an apartment or on a large block it’s possible to grow your own food - from aromatic basil to crisp lettuces and climbing beans. I’m Hungry, Let’s Grow It tells you what to grow, how to grow it, and then gives you a choice of recipes to cook with your homegrown produce.
- Introductiory gardening section
- Clear instructions for growing 14 fruits, vegetables and herbs - capsicums, carrots, cherry tomatoes, climbing beans, lettuce, pumpkin, silverbeet, succhini, seed and bean sprouts, basil, parsley, blueberries, passionfruit, strawberries
- Two delicious recipes for each item, many of which are easy enough for older kids to make on their own, and for younger kids to make with some grown-up assistance
- Delightfully funny illustrations by Chris ROY Taylor
- Organic gardening
- Composting and worm farming
- Controlling pests naturally
- Water conservation
- Family fun in the fresh air
I'm Hungry, Let's Grow It! is an Australian publication. All measurements are in metric and metric cup & spoon.
About the author
Joanne Newell is an Australian mum, life coach, food writer and editor who is passionate about helping people to live a great life. She has 2 young daughters, who helped test recipes and did some of the quality control on the results. Her other books include I'm Hungry, Let's Cook - click here for more information
See other gardening books click here
I'm Hungry, Let's Grow It by Joanne Newell
Cookbooks Australia has a great range of new, used and out of print recipe books to suit all tastes and palates. Basic, how-to and general cookbooks, international cuisines, favourite chefs and cooks, cake decorating and cupcake recipe books, slow cooker, pressure cooker, quick and easy, comfort food, cookbooks especially for chldren, Australian Women's Weekly recipe books, vintage old favourites from the CWA, Green and Gold, Commonsense Cookery Books. If you are looking for a family favourite recipe or cookbook to give to your daughter, son or to replace your mother's or your own falling-apart copy, it might be here!
This item is currently out of stock - more coming soon.