The Hard Times Handbook - Keith and Irene Smith - used softcover book Self-Sufficiency
THE HARD TIMES HANDBOOK
A practical guide to help you do more with less
by Keith and Irene Smith
See other books on frugal living, money-saving recipes and budgeting click here
Used softcover book in good condition with yellowing to pages. No writing, marks, tears, loose or missing pages. Published 1984. 236 pages.
The Hard Times Handbook will change your life. Here is a wealth of practical information and advice to help you become more self-reliant and less dependent on traditional sources of food, clothing and energy.
- 180 practical household hints including recycling, cleaners, repairs and medicines
- 150 recipes for cheap, healthy meals including vegetarian dishes and cheap meat cuts
- How to manage your supplies - bartering, markets, food co-ops
- Information on growing your own food - rooftop and backyard vegetables, compost and mulch
- Being prepared for emergencies - blackouts, shortages, stockpiles
- Tips on making your own bread, yoghurt, cheese, preserves, candles, soap, insect repellent, glue, ink and lots more.
By following the authors' sensible, realistic advice you will be able to survive the hard times, save money and consume fewer of the world's diminishing resources.
About the authors
Keith and Irene Smith have promoted organic gardening and the conservation of the bush since they started Earth Garden magazine in 1972. They have written several books, including The Hard Times Kitchen Book and The Bushfood Garden - click on each title for more information. Their dream is to turn Australia into a giant bush garden before it is too late.
See books on Permaculture and Sustainability click here
The Hard Times Handbook - Keith and Irene Smith
Cookbooks Australia has a great range of new, used and out of print recipe books to suit all tastes and palates. Basic, how-to and general cookbooks, international cuisines, favourite chefs and cooks, cake decorating and cupcake recipe books, slow cooker, pressure cooker, quick and easy, comfort food, cookbooks especially for chldren, Australian Women's Weekly recipe books, vintage old favourites from the CWA, Green and Gold, Commonsense Cookery Books. If you are looking for a family favourite recipe or cookbook to give to your daughter, son or to replace your mother's or your own falling-apart copy, it might be here!
In stock-ready to post on Wednesday