Allergy Safe Family Food - Suzanna Paxton New recipe book
ALLERGY SAFE FAMILY FOOD
by SUZANNA PAXTON
To see other Cookbooks click here
New softcover book, published in Australia in 2009, 240 pages.
Now you CAN manage food allergies
Food allergies are rising at an alarming rate among Australian children. One in 20 suffer symptoms ranging from hives and facial swelling to anaphylaxis and even death. Schools are restricting the use of peanut butter and chocolate spread; someone close to you is under threat.
Eight foods cause 90% of allergy problems: nuts, eggs, milk, soy, sesame seeds, wheat, fish and shellfish. A busy mum with two children who have food allergies, Suzanna Paxton has to avoid seven of those foods. Determined to cook one meal for the whole family, Suzanna started collecting suitable recipes. Allergy-Safe Family Food is the result.
Even if your child doesn′t have an allergy, this book is a must for preparing food for play dates, parties or sleepovers.
- Each recipe is coded - see at a glance if it is right for your allergy needs
- All ingredients are available in regular supermarkets
- Includes ideas for school lunchboxes and children′s party food
- Shopping guide and tips for managing food allergies are provided
- Recipes can be used for childcare, kindergarten, preschool, school, play dates, family outings, parties and picnics
- Recipes include everyone′s favourites like Shepherd′s Pie, Chicken Nuggets and Chocolate Fudge Slice plus innovative dishes such as Soda Bread Pizza Bases and Quick Fizzy Scones using lemonade.
At last a time-saving, nutritious and delicious cookbook that takes the worry out of cooking for people with food allergies - without breaking the bank.
- About Food Allergies and About This Book
- Starters, Soups & Salads
- Main Meals
- Desserts, Cakes and Treats
- Snack & Lunchbox Ideas
- Allergy Management
- Shopping Guide
- Afterword, Resources, Index
Allergy-Safe Family Food is an Australian publication. All measurements are in metric and metric cup & spoon. Symbols beside each recipe denote whether it is egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, wheat-free, fish/shellfish-free, seseme-seed-free, vegetarian or a combination of any or all of the aforementioned.
About the author
Suzanna Paxton is a qualified nurse and midwife with an MBA in Hospital Administration. She has extensive experience working with children and has two of her own, both with different food allergies. Suzanna lives in Melbourne and is currently a full-time mother.
See other Gluten-Free books click here
Allergy Safe Family Food by Suzanna Paxton
Cookbooks Australia has a great range of new, used and out of print recipe books to suit all tastes and palates. Basic, how-to and general cookbooks, international cuisines, favourite chefs and cooks, cake decorating and cupcake recipe books, slow cooker, pressure cooker, quick and easy, comfort food, cookbooks especially for chldren, Australian Women's Weekly recipe books, vintage old favourites from the CWA, Green and Gold, Commonsense Cookery Books. If you are looking for a family favourite recipe or cookbook to give to your daughter, son or to replace your mother's or your own falling-apart copy, it might be here!
In stock-ready to post today.