AWW Cake Decorating - Australian Womens Weekly New softcover book 2013
by The Australian Women's Weekly
To see other Baking and Cake Decorating books, click here
New softcover book, published 2013, 120 pages. Features step-by-step instructions, beautiful photos and extensive how-to section and glossary.
NB: An expanded, hardcover version of this book is also available. It has more cake designs, recipes and a larger techniques section. Click here for more information about The AWW Decorating Cakes book
Beautifully decorated cakes from easy to experienced to expert
Decorating cakes can be really simple but effective, incredibly complicated but divine and everything in between - and this is where this book is positioned. If you're a newcomer to cake decorating, be sure to read all the information pages at the back of the book before you start. If you become fascinated by this subject, do some classes and you will be amazed at how quickly you'll be able to decorate all kinds of beautiful cakes. The book starts off with easy cakes, requiring little or no skill, moving through to slightly more complicated ones. The biggest barrier for most people is using ready-made icing - once you've mastered this icing, you're well on the way to becoming an expert.
Whether you want to add a dusting of magic to a birthday cake or a sprinkle of sparkle to tea-time cupcakes, Cake Decorating has all the basic recipes you need, alongside the perfect finishing touches. By using some of the latest techniques and tapping into the clever decorations available nowadays, we show you how to make fantastic creations that will rival anything from a professional baker. There are spectacular three-tiered triumphs for those special celebrations, adorable handcrafted gifts and impressive mini fancies to whip up at a moment's notice, all with easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidance. Whether large and imposing or small and plentiful, the easy-to-follow Triple Tested recipes allow you to produce spectacular creations, whatever your cake-decorating ability. Including ideas for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and christenings, it ensures you can treat friends and family to personalised cakes for any celebration.
- Easy - includes Monogrammed cupcakes, Polka Dots and Stripes, Pink Velvet Macaron cake, Bright Little Jelly Bean cakes, Meringue cloud cake
- Experienced - includes Autumn leaves 3-tier cake, Cake Pop Baby Rattles, Mint and Pink Pearl Cake, Broderie Anglaise Lace cake, Pink on White Flower cake
- Expert - Wedding Cake Pops & Kitchen Tea biscuits
- Equipment and techniques - cake pans, cake boards, preparing cakes for covering, ganache, stacking and supporting tiers, ready-made icing, almond paste, sugar syrup, butter cream, fluffy frosting, royal icing, piping bags, chocolate, making bows,
- Cake recipes - recipes and quantity charts for butter cake, raspberry hazelnut cake, coconut cake, carrot cake, white chocolate mud cake, dark chocolate mud cake & fruit cake
- Glossary, conversion chart and index
The Australian Women's Weekly Cake Decorating book is an Australian publication. All measurements are in metric and metric cup & spoon
See more Women's Weekly cookbooks, click here
Cake Decorating by The Australian Womens Weekly
Cookbooks Australia has a great range of new, used and out of print recipe books to suit all tastes and palates. Basic, how-to and general cookbooks, international cuisines, favourite chefs and cooks, cake decorating and cupcake recipe books, slow cooker, pressure cooker, quick and easy, comfort food, cookbooks especially for chldren, Australian Women's Weekly recipe books, vintage old favourites from the CWA, Green and Gold, Commonsense Cookery Books. If you are looking for a family favourite recipe or cookbook to give to your daughter, son or to replace your mother's or your own falling-apart copy, it might be here!